Roczniki Humanistyczne (Annals of Arts) is an academic journal of the humanities published by the Learned Society of the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin and the Faculty of Humanities of the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin. It has appeared without interruption since 1949.
Roczniki Humanistyczne is a platform of exchange of ideas in five areas of the humanities – literary studies, linguistics, history, art history, and musicology – as well as across these disciplines.
Roczniki Humanistyczne publishes research articles, review articles, reviews, and short communications. Contributions are accepted in Polish, English, German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, and Ukrainian. The language of contribution may vary depending on fascicle.
Roczniki Humanistyczne is published yearly in 12 thematic fascicles as described in the section About the Journal – Focus and Scope.
FOCUS AND SCOPE
We invite original papers and review papers on topics pertinent to one of the twelve fascicles of Roczniki Humanistyczne:
1 – Polish Literature
2 – History
3 – Classical Philology
4 – History of Art
5 – Modern Languages
6 – Linguistics
7 – Slavonic Studies
8 – Corpus Linguistics and Translation Studies
9 – Sinology
10 – Glottodidactics (Language Education)
11 – Anglica (English Studies)
12 – Musicology
The fascicles encompass:
- studies in Polish literature and cultural heritage, from the Old Polish period to literature and criticism of the 21st century,
- studies in European and world literatures in languages such as English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Welsh, Irish, and Chinese,
- studies in history of all periods and lands, from the ancient cultures of the Middle East to the modern history of Poland and Europe,
- studies in fine arts of all periods and regions, including early Christian art, the art of the European Middle Ages, and contemporary trends in figurative, abstract and conceptual art,
- studies in the Polish language,
- studies in Celtic, Slavic, Germanic, and Romance languages, as well as Chinese,
- translation studies,
- studies in language education,
- studies in comparative, historical, and corpus linguistics.
The fascicles are usually thematically oriented.
All articles submitted to Roczniki Humanistyczne are double-blind peer-reviewed, as explained in the Publication Ethics section. Accepted articles are assigned a DOI number and are permanently archived on the Journal website. All articles published in Roczniki Humanistyczne are accessible online and can be downloaded free of charge.