1. Only articles that have not been previously published in Polish may be submitted for publication in Annals of Social Sciences. Also, the article submitted for publication in Annals of Social Sciences cannot be simultaneously under review in another journal. If the article has been previously published in a different language, the editors must be informed. The editors accept articles in English only if they have been proofread by a native speaker. Finally, authors should disclose all the contributors (see point 9).
2. Papers should be submitted via Open Journal System:
1) first, authors must register/log in (if they already have an authorial account);
2) after logging in, authors should choose the option "Start a New Submission", fill in the form, send the article without the author’s data, and fill in the metadata of the article (abstract, key words, translations).
3. The article should end with a list of works cited (in alphabetical order).
4. Footnotes/endnotes and the list of works cited should follow the guidelines provided by the Learned Society of the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin.
5. Authors are requested to send two abstracts (in Polish and in English) of approximately 150-words each, and two lists of keywords (also in Polish and in English). A full English translation of the paper’s title (or a Polish translation if the text is in English) must be enclosed as well.
6. The following information is required: the full name of the author; his or her academic degree; affiliation and the full address of the university; address for correspondence; phone number; e-mail. Authors should also declare the address for correspondence and e-mail they want published next to their name.
7. Authors are responsible for any copyright violations their article may be in (quoting, reprinting pictures, tables and charts).
8. Authors are requested to provide complete bibliographical entries and make sure their citations are correct.
10. The editors inform that “ghostwriting” and “guest authorship” are instances of dishonesty and will be revealed, resulting in the notification of proper parties (such as the author’s employer, learned societies, and scientific editors’ associations).
1. All texts should be formatted in one of the main word-processing programs, such as WordPerfect, MS Word, OpenOffice, saved as either “rtf” or “doc.” All pages should be numbered consecutively. One page should consist of 2000 characters (31 lines, 65 characters each); left margin – 35 mm; font – Times New Roman 12; 1,5-spaced.
2. Drawings or computer charts should be edited in one of the following programs: CorelDraw (up to v. 11.0), MS PowerPoint, WordPerfect Presentation, Corel Presentation for Windows, MS Excel. They should be sent as a separate file (“Upload Supplementary Files" in Open Journal System). This also applies to scanned materials. Please mark the place for each drawing in the paper.
3. Original, reproducible maps and pictures should be included at the end of the article. Each should be signed. Scanned maps and pictures should be sent as separate files (as in point 2).
4. As they submit the paper, authors must notify the editors if it includes unusual fonts (such as Hebrew, Cyrillic, Greek, logic, mathematical or phonetic symbols) that are not part of a standard Windows word-processing program.
5. Keep the formatting as simple as possible: include indentations, centered texts, italics and bold fonts.
6. Keep a copy of the paper on a hard drive (or other storage device) until it is published.
7. Materials that are incomplete or do not follow the aforementioned guidelines will not be considered for review.
Treść polityki prywatności.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.